The Talent & Culture Director is responsible for serving as a partner to the leadership and management teams within the various practice/departments by providing recruiting and retention strategies and maintaining a positive team environment and agency culture. In this role, the Talent & Culture Director is charged with the administration of reward/recognition programs, partnering with practice/department leads in assessing and developing agency talent and identifying, recruiting, and securing external talent to fulfill staffing needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or other relevant field required
- Advanced degree beneficial (MBA, HRM)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- 5+ years human resources experience
- Experience as HR Generalist and/or Full-cycle Recruiting
- Two (2) years of prior management or supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience working within the advertising and marketing services industry
- PHR or SHRM beneficial
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications and database systems
- Proficiency in the use of LinkedIn Recruiter
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to foster and maintain relationships with professionals at all levels within the organization
- Ability to act as a strategic partner to discipline/department/practice leadership and management teams
- Ability to assess situations and professionals to effectively resolve employee relations/morale matters in a timely and composed manner
- Strong project and time management skills and sense of “ownership” for project assignments and staffing responsibilities
- Knowledge of federal and state personnel laws and their appropriate use
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism in all matters
- Ability to deliver presentations and facilitate meetings/training sessions
- Ability to work well with a team as well as independently
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
What You’ll Do: The Talent and Culture Director is a highly visible hands-on position driving people-centered functional excellence and process improvement. This role is critical in the management of our talent initiatives including retention, acquisition, development, leadership and coaching, culture, employee relations, compensation benchmarking and compliance.
- Foster a high-performance culture with emphasis on quality, continuous improvement, development, loyalty
- Focus on talent acquisition, 40-50% of this role requires full cycle recruitment with professionalism and success
- Work closely with managers on plans of action designed to help the hiring and talent development needs
- Put action plans in place for retention and support of the company’s goals
What You’ll Bring: Reporting directly to the agency Founder and Chairman, the Talent and Culture Manager/Director will bring deep expertise in talent development, retention and acquisition strategies and tactics.
- Proven strength in recruitment, onboarding, off boarding, and termination
- Success in creating and driving effective employee relations, development, and retention programs
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- Well-developed analytical and impeccable inter-personal skills
- Unquestionably high ethical standards and attention to reputational and compliance risks
- Ability to prioritize tasks in real time and exercise judgment in high-paced, high-stakes environment
- Clear and organized communications skills (written and verbal)
- Display and operate in a way that never compromises ethics and integrity, proactive in all dealings
This is a full-time position located in Dallas, TX. This is a hybrid (3 days in office) position.