Produces bold, strategic, persuasive messages in all media for Agency clients. Writes advertising copy from conception to completion for print, broadcast and online media to promote the sale of goods and services. Collaborate with senior art personnel to ensure creation of consistent advertising messages. Participates in shaping strategy. Detects vital disconnects and informs senior creative personnel prior to beginning copy. Delivers presentations to senior creative and/or account personnel. Maintains communication with senior art personnel concerning status of jobs. Creates and completes projects on time and within budget constraints.
- Education: Undergraduate degree preferred
- Experience: 3-5 yrs experience
- Ability to communicate well in English and Spanish; express ideas, perspective
- Ability to present in Spanish & English
- Comprehensive understanding of Latino culture
- Understands the advertising business
- Keeps abreast of contemporary visual practices throughout the country and internationally in order to recognize opportunities for innovation.
- Imaginative writer; proven in various formats (broadcast, print, non-traditional)
- Familiar with production requirements including time factors associated w/print & broadcast and cost implications
- Good listener
- Observant in Latin marketplace; understand how to make connections with targeted consumers
- Resourceful; able to problem solve effectively
- Familiar w/ Hispanic targeted media, understanding strengths/weaknesses of each medium
- Team player: able to resolve in a calm & controlled manner conflicts/differences that arise
- Good organizational skills; attention to detail
- Understands basic production processes associated with print & broadcast
- Good communicator with error-free written skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time
- Advanced copywriting skills
- Collaborates well with art directors & creative supervisors
- Computer programs (Microsoft Word, Keynote, Power Point)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy/Idea Generation/Copy Development
- Ability to interpret brief/information for building creative communication messages
- Passionate about bringing forth ideas; creating advertising
- Think conceptually, not executionally
- Participate in concept development sessions
- Write distinctive copy as required, w/ close attention to strategic accuracy and honoring brand personality (unique style)
- Demonstrate versatility of copy development across different clients’ communication objectives and their barriers to overcome, i.e., not one writing style, format or solution for all accounts; instead displays ability to use diverse approaches in copy development
- Work closely with art director to ensure mutual integrity of the idea
- Shares copy and layout in clean form with ACD/CD together to gain input on strategy adherence; articulation of key message & connection with bulls eye target
- Ensure enough time is planned for English translation(s) of Spanish copy/concept; as the translation must be able to capture the essence of the original copy, script, etc.
- Present internally (with art director) concept ideas, story lines, radio scripts, copy, storyboards, etc. with translations to account team; discuss options & obtain feedback
- Fosters ways to apply strategic brief into arresting communication that connects with targeted consumer
- Ensure all copy is timed to fit radio and/or TV timings
- Constantly work to improve the quality of conception development and copy
- Effectively collaborate with extended teams to enhance original ad concepts
- Retrieves work orders from Traffic for assigned projects
- Obtains from Account Management the creative brief and all background information required to accomplish assigned projects; participates in internal account management briefing sessions
- Attends product orientations, brands reviews on assigned accounts to stay abreast of brand equity, competitive claims, category conventions, etc.
- Give copy to project manager to route to Account Management
- Assist ACD/CD in presenting concepts, copy and visuals to clients when necessary
- Ensures agency procedures are followed
- Advises ACD/CD, traffic and account team well in advance regarding any deviations from job specifications, strategy and/or time schedules.
- Maintains and updates files on server
- Firmly uphold and upgrade the agency’s creative standards in a spirit of cooperation with agency associates.
- The ability to manage and execute ongoing assignments internally with minimal supervision
- Assist art director and production personnel in the production of printed materials. This includes rewriting or re-paragraphing copy as required for photographic sessions as required to assure continuing creative excellence and accuracy
- Proofread the type, mechanicals, and proofs.
- Participate with the art director and the broadcast producer in the production of broadcast materials. This includes participation in pre-production meetings; rewriting copy for ease of delivery or time restrictions; also, when circumstances require or economics permit – attending editing sessions, recording sessions, music recordings and mixing sessions. Attend final screenings of tapes or film to ensure quality and accuracy of finished product.
- Adheres to timeline/production schedule on assigned account
Send your resume by clicking on APPLY TO THIS JOB