Responsible for generating concepts/ideas and highly targeted copy on one or more assigned accounts. May adapt to changes in format, media, and/or the Clients’ marketing strategies. Coordinates visuals with the Art Director. Has mid-level Client contact.
- Education: Undergraduate degree preferred
- Experience: 3-5 yrs experience
- Ability to present, express ideas, and perspective well
- Comprehensive understanding of Latino culture
- Understands the advertising business
- Keeps abreast of contemporary visual practices throughout the country and internationally in order to recognize opportunities for innovation.
- Imaginative writer; proven in various formats (broadcast, print, non-traditional)
- Familiar with production requirements including time factors associated w/print & broadcast and cost implications
- Good listener
- Observant in Latin marketplace; understand how to make connections with targeted consumers
- Resourceful; able to problem solve effectively
- Familiar targeted media, understanding strengths/weaknesses of each medium
- Team player: able to resolve in a calm & controlled manner conflicts/differences that arise
- Good organizational skills; attention to detail
- Understands basic production processes associated with print & broadcast
- Good communicator with error-free written skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time
- Advanced copywriting skills
- Collaborates well with art directors & creative supervisors
- Computer programs (Microsoft Word, Keynote, Power Point)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy/Idea Generation/Copy Development
- Passionate about bringing forth ideas; creating advertising
- Think conceptually, not executionally
- Participate in concept development sessions
- Write distinctive copy as required, w/ close attention to strategic accuracy and honoring brand personality (unique style)
- Work closely with art director to ensure mutual integrity of the idea
- Share, alongside CW, copy and layout in clean form to creative supervisor together to gain input on strategy adherence; articulation of key message & connection with bulls eye target
- Present along with AD, concept ideas, story lines, radio scripts, copy, storyboards, etc., internally to extended team; discuss options & obtain feedback
- Fosters ways to apply strategic brief into arresting communication that connects with targeted consumer
- Ensure all copy is timed to fit within the specified medium
- Constantly work to improve the quality of conception development and copy
- Attends internal briefing sessions. Retrieves work orders from creative supervisor for assigned projects
- Along with AD partner, obtains necessary background information required to accomplish assigned projects.
- Attends product orientations, brands reviews on assigned accounts to stay abreast of brand equity, competitive claims, category conventions, etc.
- Deliver layouts to creative supervisor
- Assist creative supervisors in presenting concepts, copy and visuals to clients when necessary
- Advise creative supervisor well in advance of any planned deviation from job order input and time schedules
- Maintains and updates files on server
- Ensures agency procedures are followed
- Firmly uphold and upgrade the agency’s creative standards in a spirit of cooperation with agency associates.
- Assist art director and production personnel in the production of printed materials. This includes rewriting or re-paragraphing copy as required for photographic sessions as required to assure continuing creative excellence and accuracy
- Proofread the type, mechanicals, and proofs.
- Participate with the art director and the broadcast producer in the production of broadcast materials. This includes participation in pre-production meetings; rewriting copy for ease of delivery or time restrictions; also, when circumstances require or economics permit – attending editing sessions, recording sessions, music recordings and mixing sessions. Attend final screenings of tapes or film to ensure quality and accuracy of finished product.
- Adheres to timeline/production schedule on assigned account
Send your resume by clicking on APPLY TO THIS JOB